- 1 1/2 c
- white vinegar
- 1 1/3 c
- 2 Tbsp
- kosher salt
- thin lemon slices
- 1 clove
- garlic, peeled and sliced in half lengthwise
- fresh cherry or grape tomatoes, enough to fill a quart jar
- fresh basil leaves
How to Make Basil Tomatoes
- 1Combine vinegar, water and salt and bring to a boil, cool.
- 2Put a lemon slice and garlic in a sterilized 1 quart mason jar. Add 1/2 of the tomatoes, half of the basil leaves and a slice of lemon. Repeat layers.
- 3Pour cooled vinegar mixture to within 1/8" of top. Seal with sterilized lid. Turn upside down and let set over night, then invert and refrigerate.
- 4Tomatoes are ready to eat in about 7 days. Keep refrigerated.