BASIL & TOMATO CREAM SPREAD (AUFSTRICH)
★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 8 oz
- cream cheese, softened
- 2 Tbsp
- plain yogurt
- 1 Tbsp
- heavy cream or milk
- 1 c
- loosely packed basil leaves, chopped
- dried tomatoes in oil, chopped very fine
- 1 Tbsp
- reserved oil from tomatoes
- 1/4 c
- pine nuts, pan roasted and cooled
- salt and pepper to taste
How to Make BASIL & TOMATO CREAM SPREAD (AUFSTRICH)
- 1Mix cream cheese with yogurt and cream or milk. Mix in chopped tomatoes, reserved oil, chopped basil, salt and pepper. Fold in pine nuts.
- 2Tip: Only add as much oil as you need to achieve a good spreading consistency. To cut calories leave out oil, use low-fat or non-fat cream cheese and use milk instead of cream.
- 3To roast pine nuts (or any nuts) place in a single layer in a frying pan and roast on stove top, shaking intermittently until golden brown and fragrant (about 4 minutes). Try not to forget they are on the stove, or they will burn and you will have to start over.
Does not freeze.