Baked Zucchini Bites
- 1 medium zucchini
- 3 bell peppers: red, orange & yellow, finely diced
- 1/2 cup creamy italian dressing
- 8 oz. package cream cheese (softened)
- 1/2 cup feta cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella
- 1 lemon, juice and zest
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tomato, finely diced
How to Make Baked Zucchini Bites
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Brush a large cookie sheet with 1 tablespoon oil.
- 2Slice zucchini approximately 1/4” thick, place in rows on baking sheet, brush with 1 tablespoon oil.
Bake for 12 minutes. Transfer zucchini onto a serving platter.
- 3While zucchini is baking, finely chop peppers and place in a small fry pan with 2 tablespoons oil over medium heat. Saute for 10 minutes or until softened.
- 4In a medium bowl combine dressing, cheeses, lemon, parsley and pepper. Fold in peppers. Top each zucchini slice with 1 tablespoon cheese mixture. Garnish each with 1 teaspoon tomato.
- 5Cover lightly with plastic wrap and refrigerate 1 hour or overnight before serving. Serve remaining cheese mixture with whole grain crackers.