Baked Zucchini Bites
·1 medium zucchini
·3 bell peppers: red, orange & yellow, finely diced
·1/2 cup creamy italian dressing
·8 oz. package cream cheese (softened)
·1/2 cup feta cheese
·1/2 cup shredded mozzarella
·1 lemon, juice and zest
·1/2 cup fresh parsley, finely chopped
·1 teaspoon ground black pepper
·4 tablespoons olive oil
·1 tomato, finely diced
How to Make Baked Zucchini Bites
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Brush a large cookie sheet with 1 tablespoon oil.
- Slice zucchini approximately 1/4” thick, place in rows on baking sheet, brush with 1 tablespoon oil.
Bake for 12 minutes. Transfer zucchini onto a serving platter.
- While zucchini is baking, finely chop peppers and place in a small fry pan with 2 tablespoons oil over medium heat. Saute for 10 minutes or until softened.
- In a medium bowl combine dressing, cheeses, lemon, parsley and pepper. Fold in peppers. Top each zucchini slice with 1 tablespoon cheese mixture. Garnish each with 1 teaspoon tomato.
- Cover lightly with plastic wrap and refrigerate 1 hour or overnight before serving. Serve remaining cheese mixture with whole grain crackers.