Baked Sweet Red and Yellow Pepper Wedges1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
2medium red peppers, sweet
2medium yellow peppers, sweet
1medium onion, finely chopped
1 can(s)tomatoes, crushed well drained (28 ounces)
1/4 colive oil, plus 2 tablespoons
3 Tbsppine nuts
4garlic cloves, finely chopped
1/4 cbread crumbs, fresh
1/4 cparsley, fresh and chopped
How to Make Baked Sweet Red and Yellow Pepper Wedges
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Lightly oil 13 x 9 inch baking pan.
- Trim tops off peppers; discard stems and finely chop tops.
- Cut each pepper lengthwise into sixths.
- Place wedges, cut side up, in oiled pan; set aside.
- Combine pepper tops, onion, tomatoes, parsley, the 1/4 cup olive oil, pine nuts, garlic, salt and pepper in medium size bowl.
- Spoon equal amounts of mixture into each of the pepper wedges.
- Bake wedges in preheated oven at 375 degrees for 25-30 minutes or until just tender.
- Sprinkle bread crumbs and remaining 2 tablespoon oil over all.
- Bake 10 minutes longer.