Baked Eggplant Appetizer1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1 largeonion, peeled and quartered
3 largegarlic cloves, unpeeled
1red bell pepper, halved and seeded
1 tsporegano, fresh chopped
2 tsplemon juice
1 Tbspolive oil
4 ozfeta cheese, crumbled
2 Tbspparsley, chopped
How to Make Baked Eggplant Appetizer
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Halve eggplant lengthwise. Brush all sides with olive oil.
- Place halves cut-side down on a baking sheet and bake 25 minutes.
- Brush onion, garlic and red pepper with oil; add to eggplant.
- Bake 25-30 minutes longer or until vegetables are tender.
- Cool eggplant; scoop out flesh and place in a food processor or wooden bowl.
- Squeeze garlic pulp from skins, peel red pepper, and add to eggplant along with onion, oregano, lemon juice, olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Process or finely chop by hand. Do not puree.
- Mix in 3 ounces of the feta cheese and spoon mixture into a serving bowl.
- Sprinkle remaining feta cheese around the edge of mixture; mound parsley in the center.
- Serve with pita bread or crackers.