Bacon Tomato Cups
I was not expecting them to puff up so much ... they look like very generous portions in the pan. While baking, there was a subtle hint of the Italian seasoning and onion - very appetizing! These would be great with a salad. Or, they could be a savory appetizer at a party, with other finger foods, dips, etc.
- 16 slice
- bacon, cooked and crumbled
- medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 c
- chopped sweet onion (vidalia)
- 8 oz
- shredded mozarella or colby jack will do
- 1 c
- 2 tsp
- dried Italian seasoning
- 2 can(s)
- 16 oz...refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
How to Make Bacon Tomato Cups
- 1Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Lightly grease a mini muffin pan. In skillet over medium heat, cook bacon. Crumble bacon, mix with tomato, onion and cheese. Then mix in mayonnaise and Italian seasoning.
- 2Separate biscuits in half horizontally; press each half down into muffin cup to create a cup of dough. Fill each up with bacon and tomato mixture. Bake for 15-18 minutes until golden brown! Enjoy!