Bacon Cheddar Stuffed Mushrooms
- 1 lb
- large white mushrooms
- 6-8 slice
- bacon, crisply cooked and finely crumbled
- 3/4 c
- cheddar cheese, separated
- 1/2 small
- onion, grated
- 2 clove
- garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp
- reserved bacon drippings
- 2 Tbsp
- butter, melted
- sleeve of ritz crackers, crushed
How to Make Bacon Cheddar Stuffed Mushrooms
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degree. While oven is preheating, wash mushrooms, remove stems. Dice stems very finely; set aside.
- 2In a small skillet, heat about a tbsp of bacon grease over med heat; add the minced stems and onion. Saute for about 2 minutes, mushroom stems and onions are soft. Add the minced garlic, continue cooking for another minute or until fragrant from the garlic. Add a bit more bacon grease if necessary.
- 3In a medium bowl; mix cracker crumbs, diced mushroom stem mixture, bacon, 1/2 cup of the shredded cheddar and spoon about a tablespoon into each mushroom cap.
- 4Sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese. Drizzle mushrooms with 2 Tbsp. melted butter.
- 5Bake uncovered in a 350 degree oven for about 15 minutes.