Asparagus Roll Appetizers
Rose M. Helle
I was never a lover of asparagus - until I ate these ! They are so good. Sis shared this recipe with me and I won a Blue Ribbon for submitting this dish to my first Curious Cuisiners meeting back in May of 2014!
Blue Ribbon Recipe
This delightful dish makes a great appetizer and one that can be prepped ahead of time. You wouldn't know that it's made with white bread and baked! It looks more difficult than it is.
NOTE: The recipe calls for canned asparagus but you can also use fresh - it just has to be cooked before adding to the recipe. Even other vegetables could be substituted. The Test Kitchen
- 2 can(s)
- asparagus spears
- 1 1/2
- loaves white bread, crusts trimmed
- 3 oz
- blue cheese crumbles
- 8 oz
- cream cheese
- egg, slightly beaten
- stick melted butter or margarine
- 1 can(s)
- parmesan cheese, grated
How to Make Asparagus Roll Appetizers
- 1Flatten bread slices with a rolling pin.
- 2Spread bread with cheese mixture (Blue cheese, cream cheese,egg). Roll asparagus spears in bread slices. Freeze on wax paper until firm.
- 3When firm, cut each roll in half, roll in butter then Parmesan cheese. Place on foil lined pan and freeze until firm. Store in plastic bags until ready to use.
- 4Bake in 375 degree oven on Pam sprayed cookie sheets about 15-20 minutes until golden. Serve warm.