★★★★★ 1 vote5
·8 to 10 slices thin sliced white sandwich bread
·1 cup hollandaise sauce or mayonnaise
·1 can ( 15 oz ) green asparagus spears, drained
·1 to 1 1/2 cups shredded swiss cheese
·1/4 cup melted butter
·1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
How to Make Asparagus in Blankets
- Trim crusts from bread.
- Spread each slice generously with hollandaise or mayonnaise.
- Place 2 asparagus spears diagonally on each and sprinkle with shredded cheese.
- Fold bread diagonally over asparagus and secure with toothpick.
- Brush with melted butter and sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
- Place on cookie sheet and bake in 400 degree oven for 12 minutes or until golden brown.