★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 8 to 10 slices thin sliced white sandwich bread
- 1 cup hollandaise sauce or mayonnaise
- 1 can ( 15 oz ) green asparagus spears, drained
- 1 to 1 1/2 cups shredded swiss cheese
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
How to Make Asparagus in Blankets
- 1Trim crusts from bread.
- 2Spread each slice generously with hollandaise or mayonnaise.
- 3Place 2 asparagus spears diagonally on each and sprinkle with shredded cheese.
- 4Fold bread diagonally over asparagus and secure with toothpick.
- 5Brush with melted butter and sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
- 6Place on cookie sheet and bake in 400 degree oven for 12 minutes or until golden brown.