1 lbbeef tenderloin, center cut
3 Tbspcoarsely ground pepper
20asparagus stalks, blanched until tender
1 Tbspprepared horseradish
1 Tbspchives, fresh/chopped
·salt and pepper to taste
How to Make Asparagus Beef Roll-Ups
- Heat the oil in a large saute pan.
- Season the entire beef tenderloin with kosher salt and pepper.
- Sear the beef on all sides until very brown.
- Meanwhile, make the horseradish mayonnaise.
- In a small bowl combine the horseradish, mayonnaise and chives.
- Season with salt and pepper and set aside.
- Remove the meat from the pan and allow to cool completely.
- Using a very sharp knife, slice the beef into 10 thin slices.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Spread a thin layer of mayonnaise on one side of the beef and lay 2 spears of asparagus in the center of each piece of beef.
- Roll the beef up over the asparagus.
- Arrange on a plate and drizzle with additional mayonnaise.