8 ozcream cheese, room temperature
1 largelemon, zested
8 slicebacon, cooked and crumbled
20 slicepepperidge farm thin white bread
20stalks of asparagus, ends snapped off
1 stickbutter, melted
·parmesan cheese for sprinkling
How to Make Asparagus Appetizers
- Mix together: cream cheese, lemon zest and bacon.
- Cut crusts from 20 slices of Pepperidge Farm bread; roll flat.
- Spread cheese mixture on bread. Lay stalk of asparagus on each and roll up. Secure with toothpick if necessary.
- Brush top with melted butter and sprinkle with parmesan cheese. Put in freezer until frozen.
- When using, partially thaw. Slice each roll into 3 equal pieces. Bake at 375 degrees 15 minutes.
- Serve WARM.