- 8 oz
- cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 large
- lemon, zested
- 8 slice
- bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 20 slice
- pepperidge farm thin white bread
- stalks of asparagus, ends snapped off
- 1 stick
- butter, melted
- parmesan cheese for sprinkling
How to Make Asparagus Appetizers
- 1Mix together: cream cheese, lemon zest and bacon.
- 2Cut crusts from 20 slices of Pepperidge Farm bread; roll flat.
- 3Spread cheese mixture on bread. Lay stalk of asparagus on each and roll up. Secure with toothpick if necessary.
- 4Brush top with melted butter and sprinkle with parmesan cheese. Put in freezer until frozen.
- 5When using, partially thaw. Slice each roll into 3 equal pieces. Bake at 375 degrees 15 minutes.
- 6Serve WARM.