☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
48asparagus spears, thin
2 1/2 ozgoat cheese, such as montrachet, room temperature
2 Tbspfresh basil, chopped
1 Tbsppine nuts, toasted and chopped
1 tsporange peel, grated
2 ozprosciutto, cut into 24 4x1-inch strips
How to Make Asparagus and Prosciutto Bundles
- Cut stalks from asparagus, leaving 2-inch-long tips. (Reserve asparagus stalks for another use; if desired.)
- Cook asparagus tips in large pot of boiling salted water until just crisp-tender, about 1 minute. Drain. Transfer asparagus to paper towels and drain well.
- Mix goat cheese, basil, pine nuts, water and orange peel in small bowl to blend. Season with salt and pepper.
- Spread scant 1 teaspoon filling over each prosciutto strip.
- Arrange 2 asparagus tips atop filling at 1 short end of prosciutto.
- Roll up prosciutto, enclosing base of asparagus. Press to seal. Place on platter. (Can be made 1 day ahead. Cover; chill.)