Albanian pizza for Hanife
★★★★★ 1 vote5
·warm water, as needed
1 largebag of spinach, fresh
1 largeonion thinly sliced
4 clovegarlic minced
1 lbbulgarian feta
16 ozcottage cheese
1 mediumtomatoe diced
·butter, about 3 tbs to cook onion and garlic and about 1stick or maybe more melted to brush layers with
·you can sprinkle a little garlic and onion powder between layers to give a little more flavor to each layer
How to Make Albanian pizza for Hanife
- pour about half bag of flour in a bowl, add about 2 tsp salt and mix, add enough warm water to make a soft smooth dough, set aside about 10 minutes , then pinch off and shape into 3" balls, set aside on floured surface. you should have about 10 balls of dough.
- heat a large frying pan add 3tbs butter, the onion and garlic cook about 2 minutes, add tomatoes and spinach cook about 2 minutes, add feta and cottage cheese, continue to cook stirring constantly about 5 minutes, set aside.
- lightly grease a large round cake pan with olive oil.
- roll each ball into a thin disk, set aside on floured surface as you finish rolling out all the disks. the dough will be very elastic, as you stretch it out to about the size of the pan you are using, brush each disk with melted butter, . continue to stack with 4 more layers , then stack this in the pan, add the spinach and cheese filling.
- roll out and butter and stack the next 5 layers, place on top of filling and scrunch top and bottom dough together to seal, brush top with butter or olive oil and bake at 350 until lightly golden brown and puffy.
- when you remove it from the oven it will be kind of puffy take a spoon and smash it down to break the top all over, brush with melted butter, then sprinkle with a little water all over the top, cover with a towel for 5 minutes. Then cut and serve with a salad of feta cheese and slices of cucumber, onion and tomatoes.