Warm Cajun shrimp dip
- one package cream cheese, softened, 8 ounces
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons worcestershire sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoons creole seasoning, or to taste
- 1 cup chopped cooked peeled shrimp
- 1/2 cup shredded pepper jack cheese
- one round loaves hearty white bread, 1 pound
- 1 tablespoon sliced green onion
- lemon wedge, cooked shrimp, assorted crackers, bread sticks
How to Make Warm Cajun shrimp dip
- 1preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, mix cream cheese, mayonnaise, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, and Creole seasoning. Beat at medium speed with a mixer until blended. Stir in shrimp and shredded cheese.
- 2Using a serrated knife, cut a 1/2 inch thick sliced from top of bread loaf. Carefully hollow out inside loaf, leaving about three quarter inch shell. Reserve bread pieces for another use.
Split shrimp mixture into bread shell. Lightly spray with nonstick cooking spray. Wrap in foil. Place on baking sheet.
- 3Bake for 15 minutes. Remove foil. Bake 15 minutes more, or until thoroughly heated. Sprinkle with green onion. Garnish with lemon wedge and cooked shrimp, if desired. Serve with assorted crackers and bread sticks, if desired. Makes 6 to 8 servings.