Locate an Asian market near you so you can purchase sushi-grade tuna. I don’t recommend the tuna from the regular supermarket.
1 lbsushi grade ahi tuna
14 conions, finely chopped
·salt and pepper
2 Tbspsoy sauce
1lime, cut in half
1 Tbspolive oil
1 Tbspcilantro, chopped
1/2 tspginger, finely grated
How to Make Tuna Tartare
- Cut the Ahi in small cubes, place in bowl. Mix together in a separate bowl the soy sauce, ginger, olive oil, cilantro, and lime juice from one half. Pour over the Ahi and toss well to coat. Let marinade in refrigerator for one hour.
- Meanwhile, peel and cut the mango into cube-like pieces; set aside.
- In a bowl, blend together the avocado, tomato and onion. Mash with a fork to get the consistency of a slightly chunky guacamole. Add the lime juice from the remaining half, and salt and pepper to taste. Place both in the refrigerator as well.
- When ready to serve, place large spoonful of the avocado mix on your plate. Top that with mango chunks, then top that with a good amount of the Ahi pieces. Tah-Dah!
- For added crunchiness, start with some crispy wonton strips or shredded cabbage on the bottom, then continue other layers.