Special Shrimp Balls
- 1 lb
- cold steamed shrimp
- 1 Tbsp
- jarred chili sauce
- hard-boiled egg, mashed
- 3-4 Tbsp
- cream cheese, room temperature
- 2 tsp
- 1/4 c
- celery, minced
- 1 Tbsp
- white onion, minced
- salt and peper to taste
- 1/8 tsp
- old bay seasoning
- fresh parsley, finely chopped
How to Make Special Shrimp Balls
- 1Prepare these appetizers 1 day ahead so the flavors will be enhanced.
- 2Finely chop steamed chilled shrimp. Put in a bowl.
- 3In a small bowl, add all remaining ingredients EXCEPT the parsley. Blend well.
- 4Add cream cheese mixture to shrimp. Stir to be sure all is incorporated.
- 5Form into small bite size balls and roll in the fresh parsley.
- 6Place on a cookie sheet lined with waxed paper. Cover and chill in the refrigerator overnight
until ready to serve.
- 7Arrange on a serving plate or platter with an assortment of crackers. Have toothpicks nearby.