Special Shrimp Balls
1 lbcold steamed shrimp
1 Tbspjarred chili sauce
1hard-boiled egg, mashed
3-4 Tbspcream cheese, room temperature
1/4 ccelery, minced
1 Tbspwhite onion, minced
·salt and peper to taste
1/8 tspold bay seasoning
·fresh parsley, finely chopped
How to Make Special Shrimp Balls
- Prepare these appetizers 1 day ahead so the flavors will be enhanced.
- Finely chop steamed chilled shrimp. Put in a bowl.
- In a small bowl, add all remaining ingredients EXCEPT the parsley. Blend well.
- Add cream cheese mixture to shrimp. Stir to be sure all is incorporated.
- Form into small bite size balls and roll in the fresh parsley.
- Place on a cookie sheet lined with waxed paper. Cover and chill in the refrigerator overnight
until ready to serve.
- Arrange on a serving plate or platter with an assortment of crackers. Have toothpicks nearby.