Simply Scrumptious Crab Wontons
**You an alternate finely chopped green onions with the walla wallas. :)
- 8 oz
- imitation crabmeat
- 8 oz
- boxes cream cheese, softened on counter
- wonton wrappers
- 1/2 c
- onion, finely chopped (walla walla or vidalia preferred)
- 2 Tbsp
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 6 Tbsp
- oil, deep enough to cover wontons half way
- garlic powder, to taste (optional)
- sweet chili sauce, for dipping
How to Make Simply Scrumptious Crab Wontons
- 1*Soften cream cheese on counter while prepping onions and cooking mixture.
- 2In skillet sauté onions, butter, crab with garlic powder (if using), salt and pepper until onions are translucent.
- 3Immediately stir hot mixture into softened cream cheese until thoroughly mixed and creamy.
- 4Spoon small amount of mixture into middle of each wonton.
- 5Moisten fingertips and apply to edges of wrappers, then press together to close forming a triangular shape (folded in half).
- 6Bring outer tips together and press to loosely form a pointed fortune cookie shape.
- 7Heat oil in skillet (medium to medium high), and place wontons in hot oil.
- 8Turn a couple of times until all sides are lightly golden brown.
- 9Watch closely as they will turn dark very quickly. ;)
- 10When done place on a paper towel lined plate to drain; repeat until all are cooked.
- 11Serve with sweet chili sauce for dipping. Enjoy!! :)