★★★★★ 1 vote5
1 lbraw shrimp (peeled, deveined and chopped)
2scallions (finely chopped)
1/2-inchpiece fresh ginger (peeled and grated)
1 clovefresh garlic (finely minced)
1 tsprice vinegar
1 tspsesame oil
1 tspsoy sauce
1/4 tspground white pepper
·salt to taste
1 pkgthin wonton skins
·oil for frying wontons
How to Make Shrimp Wontons
- In a medium sized bowl, mix together the shrimp, the egg white, and the rest of the ingredients, with the exception of the egg yolk.
- Add the cornstarch and stir to blend. The mixture should be stiff. Set aside to marinate for a half-hour.
- Lightly beat the egg yolk in a bowl. You will be using it to assemble the wontons.
- Place a wonton skin on a flat, dry work surface with a corner pointing toward you. Place 1 teaspoon of filling in the center of the wrapper.
- Lightly brush the two edges farthest from you with beaten egg yolk. Fold the Wonton in half, away from you, making a triangle. Press edges firmly to seal.
- Lightly brush the two corners nearest you with egg yolk, fold them over your finger, and press together to seal. (This makes them look like cute bundles, but don't worry if they come apart in the hot oil; what matters is that the filling stays out.)
- Place the finished wontons on a tray that has been lightly dusted with cornstarch.
- Heat Vegetable oil in a deep skillet. Fry Wontons a few at a time until golden.
- Drain on paper towels and serve warm, as-is or with your favorite plum sauce or dumpling sauce.