Shrimp Stuffed Portobellos
This is a good baseline recipe to experiment with different herbs and seafood.
- 4 medium
- portobello mushrooms
- 2 Tbsp
- butter, unsalted
- 1 medium
- onion, finely chopped
- 4 clove
- garlic, minced
- 1/2 lb
- shrimp, peeled, deveined and chopped
- 1/2 c
- bread crumbs
- egg, slightly beaten
- 1 Tbsp
- lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp
- basil, fresh and finely chopped
- 2 oz
- parmigiano-reggiano, grated
- shrimp, peeled tail on, deveined and left whole
- basil leaves for garnish
How to Make Shrimp Stuffed Portobellos
- 1Preheat oven to 425ºF.
- 2Wipe mushrooms with a clean cloth or paper towel. Remove ribs and stems and chop stems coarsely; set aside.
- 3In a large skillet, melt butter or margarine over medium heat. Cook onion, garlic, and chopped mushroom stems in hot butter for 6 to 8 minutes or until tender.
- 4Stir in chopped shrimp, bread crumbs, egg, lemon juice, and cook 3 to 4 minutes, until shrimp turn opaque.
- 5Place portobello caps, stem sides up, on a baking sheet. Divide shrimp mixture among portobello caps. Sprinkle with cheese.
- 6Bake, uncovered, about 15 minutes or until mushrooms are tender.
- 7To serve, garnish with additional whole shrimp and basil.