Shrimp Salad Sliders
- lemon, juice of
- 1 lb
- shrimp, peeled and cleaned
- celery ribs, finely diced
- 1/3 c
- shallot, peeled and finely minced (about 2 tablespoons)
- 1 Tbsp
- fresh dill, chopped
- 1 Tbsp
- dijon mustard
- cayenne pepper or spanish smoked paprika (it was my idea to use the smoked paprika)
- 12 small
- soft dinner rolls or slider buns
- 1 c
- packed arugula, chopped
- lemon wedges, for garnishing
How to Make Shrimp Salad Sliders
- 1ORIGINAL directions for cooking the shrimp: Bring a large pot of water to the boil. Add juice from 1/2 lemon. Drop in shrimp and reduce heat to medium. Poach the shrimp 2-3 minutes, until white. Drain and rinse under cool water until cool to the touch.
- 2Once the shrimp has been been cooked, finely chop and combine with the celery ribs, mayonnaise, shallot, dill, Dijon mustard, salt and cayenne. Cover and chill until serving. (I chilled the shrimp mixture a total of 6 hours.)
- 3Split the dinner rolls. If desired, the rolls can be buttered or oiled then lightly grilled before adding the shrimp mixture.
- 4Divide the shrimp mixture evenly among the dinner rolls. Top each with a garnish of chopped arugula. We also lightly sprinkled the top of each slider with fresh cracked black pepper.