☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
- 6 sheet(s)
- nori (seaweed)
- 4 1/2 c
- sushi rice, cooked
- 1 1/2 c
- medium shrimp, cooked, peeled, deveined, and halved (about 3/4 lb)
- strips carrot, julienne-cut
- avocado slices, peeled, sliced 1/4-inch thick (about 1 1/2 medium)
- green onion tops, about 7-inch lengths
- cucumber, peeled, halved lengthwise, seeded, cut into 12 7-inch julienne-cut strips
How to Make Shrimp Maki
- 1Cut off top quarter of nori sheet along short end. Place nori, shiny side down, on a sushi mat covered with plastic wrap, with long end toward you. Pat 3/4 cup rice over nori with moist hands, leaving a 1-inch border on one long end of the nori.
- 2Arrange 1/4 cup shrimp, 2 carrot strips, 2 slices avocado, 1 green onion top, and 2 cucumber strips along top third of rice-covered nori.
- 3Lift edge of nori closest to you; fold over filling. Lift bottom edge of sushi mat; roll toward top edge, pressing firmly on sushi roll. Continue rolling to top edge; press mat to seal sushi roll. Let rest, seam side down, for 5 minutes. Repeat procedure with remaining ingredients. Slice each roll into 8 pieces with a sharp knife.
- 4Serving size: 8 pieces.
CALORIES 367 (21% from fat); FAT 8.7g (sat 1.5g, mono 5g, poly 1.3g); PROTEIN 17.8g; CARB 53.6g; FIBER 6.1g; CHOL 111mg; IRON 5 mg; SODIUM 377mg; CALC 54mg