★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 2 pkg
- cream cheese
- 1 1/2 bottle
- cocktail or chili sauce if preferred
- 2 c
- thawed frozen salad shrimp ( the tiny ones)
- 1 medium
- fresh lemon, wedged into 8 pieces
How to Make shrimp cocktail spread and dip
- 1pat shrimp dry and combine with 1/2 bottle of cocktail sauce and squeeze one lemon wedge over it, stir and let marinate while cheese comes to room temperature.
- 2when cheese is very soft, add to shrimp mixture and add another 1/2 bottle of sauce. with handmixer, beat on low speed for 2 mins. scrape down sides then whip mixture on high speed high speed to break up shrimp and make fluffy.
- 3taste mixture and adjust to personal taste..you can add more cocktail sauce, cream cheese salt & pepper. chill for at least 2 hours.pour into decorative dish, garnish with additional lemon wedges and plain chopped or whole tiny shrimp. serve with your favorite crackers, toasted cocktail bread slices or thin it out a bit and serve with chips for dipping