Make them into a "two-bite" size and serve as appetizers!
The Prep time shown includes time for the shrimp to chill in the refrigerator!
You can also do these on the grill! Use a grate plate and sear burgers quickly on each side over direct heat. Move burgers off-heat, close lid and cook for 20 to 25 minutes until meat thermometer reads 145 degrees.
1 lbuncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
1 largeegg, beaten
1/2 csalad dressing, such as miracle whip
1 1/2 cpanko bread crumbs
1/4 cfinely chopped red pepper
1/4 cflat leaf parsley, finely chopped
3scallions, white and green parts, thinly sliced on the diagonal
1jalapenos, fresh, seeded and minced
1 Tbspdijon mustard
1 tspold bay seasoning
1/4 - 1/2 tsphot sauce, to taste
How to Make Shrimp Burgers
- Place 1/3 of the shrimp into a food processor bowl and pulse until the shrimp is finely chopped. Rough chop the remaining shrimp and set aside.
- In large bowl, mix together egg, Miracle Whip, ½ cup bread crumbs, red pepper, parsley, scallions, jalapeno, mustard, OldBay and hot sauce until well blended.
- Add the processed shrimp and the chopped shrimp to the bowl and mix together until well blended.
- Shape into cakes (patties) of equal size* and coat in remaining 1 cup of bread crumbs.
- Place on a plate in a single layer, cover and refrigerate for at least 3 hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and bake cakes for 25 minutes on lowest oven rack, turning cakes half way thru cooking time.
Serve with Louis Dressing or sauce of your choosing.
- *Make cakes into small, bite size patties if using for appetizers, or large patties if using for a main course.
- Help make this healthier by using low fat or fat free salad dressing.