Make them into a "two-bite" size and serve as appetizers!
The Prep time shown includes time for the shrimp to chill in the refrigerator!
You can also do these on the grill! Use a grate plate and sear burgers quickly on each side over direct heat. Move burgers off-heat, close lid and cook for 20 to 25 minutes until meat thermometer reads 145 degrees.
- 1 lb
- uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 large
- egg, beaten
- 1/2 c
- salad dressing, such as miracle whip
- 1 1/2 c
- panko bread crumbs
- 1/4 c
- finely chopped red pepper
- 1/4 c
- flat leaf parsley, finely chopped
- scallions, white and green parts, thinly sliced on the diagonal
- jalapenos, fresh, seeded and minced
- 1 Tbsp
- dijon mustard
- 1 tsp
- old bay seasoning
- 1/4 - 1/2 tsp
- hot sauce, to taste
How to Make Shrimp Burgers
- 1Place 1/3 of the shrimp into a food processor bowl and pulse until the shrimp is finely chopped. Rough chop the remaining shrimp and set aside.
- 2In large bowl, mix together egg, Miracle Whip, ½ cup bread crumbs, red pepper, parsley, scallions, jalapeno, mustard, OldBay and hot sauce until well blended.
- 3Add the processed shrimp and the chopped shrimp to the bowl and mix together until well blended.
- 4Shape into cakes (patties) of equal size* and coat in remaining 1 cup of bread crumbs.
- 5Place on a plate in a single layer, cover and refrigerate for at least 3 hours or overnight.
- 6Preheat oven to 375 degrees and bake cakes for 25 minutes on lowest oven rack, turning cakes half way thru cooking time.
Serve with Louis Dressing or sauce of your choosing.
- 7*Make cakes into small, bite size patties if using for appetizers, or large patties if using for a main course.
- 8Help make this healthier by using low fat or fat free salad dressing.