Shrimp Bruschetta Skewers
- 1 1/4 c
- orzo pasta, uncooked
- 3/4 c
- kraft italian vinaigrette (or any oil based dressing)
- 3 clove
- garlic, minced and divided
- 1 lb
- uncooked large shrimp peeled, deveined
- 1 1/2 lb
- cherry tomatoes (about 40), divided
- 1/2 lb
- baguette (1/2 of 16-oz. loaf), cut into 24 cubes
- 1 bunch
- green onions
- 1 c
- fresh basil, chopped
- 1/4 c
- grated parmesan cheese
How to Make Shrimp Bruschetta Skewers
- 1HEAT grill to medium heat.
- 2COOK pasta as directed on package.
- 3MEANWHILE, mix 1/4 cup dressing and 1/3 of garlic. Thread shrimp onto 6 skewers; thread 24 tomatoes onto 6 additional skewers alternately with bread. Grill all skewers 3 min., turning and brushing occasionally with half the dressing mixture. Remove tomato skewers from grill. Place onions in single layer on grill grate. Grill onions and shrimp 2 to 3 min. or until shrimp turn pink and onions are crisp-tender, turning and brushing occasionally with remaining dressing mixture.
- 4DRAIN pasta; place in large bowl. Quarter remaining tomatoes. Add to pasta with remaining dressing, garlic and basil; mix lightly. Slice onions; stir into pasta mixture. Sprinkle with Parmesan. Serve with shrimp skewers.