Shrimp Au Gratin
When Au Gratin is this easy, there is no need to order at a restaurant!
6 Tbspall purpose flour
2 chalf and half
3/4 cshredded monterey jack cheese
1/2 cshredded parmesan cheese
1/2 tspsalt, or to taste
1 pinchground black pepper, or to tate
2 - 3 dash(es)hot sauce, or to taste
3 cuncooked shrimp, peeled and deveined, slightly chopped
3scallions, white and green parts, thinly sliced on the diagonal
3/4 cpanko bread crumbs
3 Tbspbutter, melted
How to Make Shrimp Au Gratin
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Over medium-low heat, melt butter. Add flour and cook, stirring constantly for one minute. Whisk in half and half until smooth and thick.
- In small bowl, mix together the cheeses, reserve ¾ cup to use for topping. Add cheese to half and half mixture and stir until melted. Add salt, pepper and hot sauce, taste and adjust seasoning.
- Remove from heat, stir in shrimp and scallions until well blended. Pour mixture into large oven proof baking dish, or 6 individual oven proof baking dishes.
- Mix bread crumbs and melted butter until well blended. Sprinkle reserved cheese over top of large dish or divide evenly over individual dishes. Top with bread crumbs.
- Bake for 30 minutes until lightly browned and bubbly.