Sea Snail MuChim (GolBaengI MuChim)
Easy to make and quick to fix.
1 csea snails (golbaengi)
1 mediumonion (1/2 cup)
1 mediumcarrot (1/3 cup)
1 smallcabbage or romaine lettuce
4 smallgreen onions
2 small1 red & 1 green hot pepper
·sesame leaves (optional)
3 Tbspred pepper paste
1 Tbspred pepper powder
1/2 Tbspsoy sauce
2 Tbsprice vinegar
1/8 tspgarlic powder
1/2 Tbspsesame seeds
How to Make Sea Snail MuChim (GolBaengI MuChim)
- Drain the liquid from the can. Rinse the sea snails and drain the water. If the snails are too big, cut them into bite sized pieces.
- Cut up 1 cup cucumber.
- Slice an onion (about 1/2 cup) thinly.
- 1 small cabbage sliced into thin strips or Romaine lettuce cut into bite sized pieces.
- Cut 1 carrot (about 1/3 cup) thinly.
- Cut 1 hot red pepper and 1 hot green pepper into 1/2 inch pieces.
- Cut 3 green onions thinly on a diagonal
- In a small bowl, combine red pepper paste, red pepper powder, soy sauce, sugar, vinegar, garlic powder and sesame seeds. Mix them well. together. NOTE: Start with 2 Tablespoons of sugar and vinegar and add more, depending on your taste.
- In a large bowl, add all of the sea snails and the prepared vegetables
- Pour the sauce on the vegetables and mix thoroughly.
Refrigerate for a few hours or overnite to allow flavors to marry.
- NOTE: Don’t eat sea snails ? You can substitute them with boiled squid or shrimp.