- 1 c
- balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tbsp
- brown sugar
- very thin slices prosciutto
- large sea scallops
- extra-virgin olive oil
- salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
How to Make Scallops with Prosciutto
- 1Combine the vinegar and brown sugar in a small, non-reactive
saucepan and bring to a boil over moderate heat.
- 2Reduce the heat to low and simmer until the mixture has reduced to about
1/4 cup (60 ml) - it should coat the bottom of the pan when
you tilt it.
- 3Allow to cool to room temperature. Meanwhile, cut
each piece of prosciutto in half lengthwise and wrap around
the scallops, securing each with a toothpick.
- 4Brush or spray with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- 5Grill over hot coals or under a preheated broiler just until the scallops are
firm and opaque in the center, about 2 to 3 minutes per side.
Transfer to serving plates and drizzle with the balsamic glaze.