Sauted Shrimp w/ Zucchini and Black Truffles
I think this would be wonderful for a Summer party. I think it could be used as a starter, side or even a main course for a light meal after adding some pasta.
I liked the element of adding the truffles.
- jumbo shrimp
- 3 medium
- zucchini (about 6 inches long)
- 8 Tbsp
- olive oil, extra virgin
- 3 Tbsp
- of sweet butter (i only use aaa) but this recipe does not specify what grade of butter
- 3 oz
- fresh black truffles (3 or 4) sliced tot he thickness of quarters
- 1/2 tsp
- sherry vinegar
- 1/4 tsp
- balsamic vinegar
How to Make Sauted Shrimp w/ Zucchini and Black Truffles
- 1Make deep cut down the back of each shrimp to devein and butterfly them. Leave on the tail section.
- 2Set aside.
- 3Cut the zucchini into long strips and discard the cores. Set aside.
- 4Season shrimp with salt.
- 5Saute the shrimp for about a minute on each side in a hot saute pan coated with 2 tbs of olive oil.
- 6Remove from the pan and keep warm.
- 7In another saute pan melt the butter with the remaining olive oil over medium heat.
- 8Add the zucchini and truffles.
- 9Season with salt and pepper.
- 10Cook gently until the zucchini is barely limp and the truffles have released their aroma.
- 11finish seasoning with sherry and vinegars.
- 12Arrange shrimp in equal portions of zucchini and truffles on each plate. Drizzle remaining "sauce" or juices over and around each serving.