Sauted Shrimp w/ Zucchini and Black Truffles
I think this would be wonderful for a Summer party. I think it could be used as a starter, side or even a main course for a light meal after adding some pasta.
I liked the element of adding the truffles.
3 mediumzucchini (about 6 inches long)
8 Tbspolive oil, extra virgin
3 Tbspof sweet butter (i only use aaa) but this recipe does not specify what grade of butter
3 ozfresh black truffles (3 or 4) sliced tot he thickness of quarters
1/2 tspsherry vinegar
1/4 tspbalsamic vinegar
How to Make Sauted Shrimp w/ Zucchini and Black Truffles
- Make deep cut down the back of each shrimp to devein and butterfly them. Leave on the tail section.
- Set aside.
- Cut the zucchini into long strips and discard the cores. Set aside.
- Season shrimp with salt.
- Saute the shrimp for about a minute on each side in a hot saute pan coated with 2 tbs of olive oil.
- Remove from the pan and keep warm.
- In another saute pan melt the butter with the remaining olive oil over medium heat.
- Add the zucchini and truffles.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Cook gently until the zucchini is barely limp and the truffles have released their aroma.
- finish seasoning with sherry and vinegars.
- Arrange shrimp in equal portions of zucchini and truffles on each plate. Drizzle remaining "sauce" or juices over and around each serving.