Salmon Mousse Tartlets w/Balsamic Caramelized Onio
- 2 Tbsp
- 1 1/2 c
- chopped onion
- 1/2 tsp
- kosher salt
- 1 Tbsp
- white balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 c
- salmon-flavored cream cheese, softened
- 1 tsp
- lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp
- chopped fresh dill
- frozen mini phyllo shells (1.9 oz. box),thawed
- garnish: additional fresh dill
How to Make Salmon Mousse Tartlets w/Balsamic Caramelized Onio
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add in the onions and salt, and cook until onions have caramelized, approximately 20 minutes. Remove from heat, add in the vinegar, stir to combine.
- 3Meanwhile, place salmon cream cheese into a medium bowl, add in the lemon juice and dill, mix to fully combine. Place 1 1/2 teaspoons of salmon mixture into each phyllo shell, then top evenly with caramelized onions. Place tartlets onto a large baking sheet.
- 4Place tartlets into preheated oven and cook for 5 - 7 minutes until heated through. Garnish with chopped fresh dill. Serve immediately.