Roy's Bacon Mussels
- 4 lb mussels, cleaned and debearded
- 4 slices bacon
- 1 small shallot, minced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 habanero pepper, minced
- 1/4 cup fennel, chopped
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 lemon juice, fresh
- zest of (1) 1emon
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tbsp italian leaf parsley
- 2 tbsp cold butter
How to Make Roy's Bacon Mussels
- 1In a large skillet fry bacon until crisy. Remove and set aside.
Add ingredients 3-6 to skillet with bacon fat. Stir-fry until shallots are translucent.
Add ingredients 7-12. Simmer for 2 minutes
Add mussels to skillet and cover. Steam mussels for about 4-6 minutes on medium heat, until all shells are open.
Remove mussels from skillet. Divide mussles up into 4 large bowls.
Add cold butter to pot liquor. Simmer until butter is melted.
Top each bowl with pot liquor and crumbled bacon
Serve with italian crusy bread!