Robin’s Spicy Alaskan Smoked Salmon Spread
- 16 oz
- cream cheese
- 4 oz
- smoked salmon, skin and any stray bones removed (red is best, but any variety will work)
- 1/4 c
- jalapeno peppers (ring slices from a jar, diced and *reserve some brine if needed) **
- red bell pepper (roasted preserved from a jar, diced) **
- small onion (diced)
- 2 Tbsp
- ranch dressing (prepared salad dressing, not powdered)
- 1/2 tsp
- red pepper flakes
- cayenne pepper (more or less to taste)
How to Make Robin’s Spicy Alaskan Smoked Salmon Spread
- 1Utensils needed: Mixer (with medium sized mixing bowl), food processor, spatula, serving bowl.
Preparation time: approximately 20 minutes or less
- 2Using an electric mixer, beat Cream Cheese until soft then set aside. (You can beat the mixture by hand, but set out the cream cheese until it is room temperature for easier handling.)
- 3In food processor, finely chop together salmon, peppers and onion.
- 4Add chopped ingredients to softened Cream Cheese along with the ranch dressing, crushed red pepper and cayenne pepper. Mix thoroughly and transfer to serving bowl.
- 5Use as a cracker dip with assorted crackers, on raw veggies such as celery ribs, or as a bread spread. Refrigerate unused portion. Optional: Garnish the serving dish with fresh dill, fresh chopped jalapenos, fresh chopped scallions/green onions, or cilantro.
* If the spread is not soft enough, add a small amount of the jalapeno pepper brine/juice from the jar and mix thoroughly.
** You can increase or decrease the peppers and spices, depending upon your taste.