- dozen large eggs
- 2 tsp
- ground mustard
- 1/3 c
- cream cheese (at room temperature)
- 1/3 c
- backfin crabmeat
- 1 tsp
- seafood seasoning
- 1/4 c
- bacon bits or green onions, chopped
- additional seafood seasoning for garnish
How to Make "Ravened" Eggs
- 1For best results, use eggs that are a few days old. Fill a large saucepan half-way with water.
- 2Add 1 teaspoon each vinegar and salt.
- 3add the eggs. (Ensure eggs are covered by 1” of water.) Bring the water to a boil.
- 4Cover, and remove from heat.
- 5Let sit covered for 12-15 minutes.
- 6Drain hot water from pan and run cold water over the eggs. Let stand a few minutes.
- 7Peel the eggs. Using a sharp knife, slice each egg in half, lengthwise.
- 8Gently remove the yolk halves and place in a small mixing bowl.
- 9Arrange the egg white halves on a serving platter; set aside.
- 10Using a fork or potato masher, crush the yolks. Fold in remaining ingredients in order given except for garnish (bacon bits or green onions).
- 11Divide egg yolk mixture evenly among egg white halves. (You may use cookie decorator or piping bag for a prettier appearance).
- 12Garnish with bacon bits or green onions. Pinch additional seafood seasoning over filling, if desired.