1dozen large eggs
2 tspground mustard
1/3 ccream cheese (at room temperature)
1/3 cbackfin crabmeat
1 tspseafood seasoning
1/4 cbacon bits or green onions, chopped
·additional seafood seasoning for garnish
How to Make "Ravened" Eggs
- For best results, use eggs that are a few days old. Fill a large saucepan half-way with water.
- Add 1 teaspoon each vinegar and salt.
- add the eggs. (Ensure eggs are covered by 1” of water.) Bring the water to a boil.
- Cover, and remove from heat.
- Let sit covered for 12-15 minutes.
- Drain hot water from pan and run cold water over the eggs. Let stand a few minutes.
- Peel the eggs. Using a sharp knife, slice each egg in half, lengthwise.
- Gently remove the yolk halves and place in a small mixing bowl.
- Arrange the egg white halves on a serving platter; set aside.
- Using a fork or potato masher, crush the yolks. Fold in remaining ingredients in order given except for garnish (bacon bits or green onions).
- Divide egg yolk mixture evenly among egg white halves. (You may use cookie decorator or piping bag for a prettier appearance).
- Garnish with bacon bits or green onions. Pinch additional seafood seasoning over filling, if desired.