How to Make Quick and Easy Shrimp Ball
- Set cream cheese out to soften
- Open canned shrimp and rinse thoroughly
- Dry shrimp using paper towels. IMPORTANT-be sure to dry completely
- In a medium bowl, add soften cream cheese and shrimp. Mix together until thoroughly combined
- Using a spatula, scrape sides of bowl and form mixture into a ball in the bottom of the bowl
- Remove ball to a serving platter. Hollow out the center to accommodate the full bottle of cocktail sauce. Place in fridge until ready to serve.
- When ready to serve, pour bottle of cocktail sauce into hollow of the ball. Surround with crackers and serve.
- If you don't care for cocktail sauce, you can add a TBS or 2 of finely minced scallions, greens included, and a bit of fresh garlic finely minced. I've also used fresh basil, finely chopped, when not using cocktail sauce. All have been very good. Experiment with whatever spices you enjoy. The cream cheese and shrimp is a very tasty combination. Cream cheese is very fun and versatile for a great snack. I've served blocks of cream cheese with hot pepper jelly poured over them and crackers...very yummy!
Finely chopped ham, or a can of deviled ham, and cream cheese also works very well together. Mix in a bit of pickle relish and you have a great sandwich spread.