Quebecois Crab Custard With Lemon Butter Sauce
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1 bunchbroccoli, small florets
1/2 lbcrabmeat, trimmed of cartilage (fresh or frozen)
3/4 cwhipping cream
1 pinchwhite pepper
1 pinchground nutmeg
LEMON BUTTER SAUCE
1/2 cwhite wine
1 mediumfinely chopped
1 cbutter, cut in pieces
1/4 cwhipping cream
1 mediumlemon, juice of
How to Make Quebecois Crab Custard With Lemon Butter Sauce
- Cook broccoli florets in boiling salted water just until tender-crisp; drain.
- Generously brush 6 to 8 ramekin or custard cups with melted butter.
Divide crab meat with broccoli among the ramekins.
- In a bowl, whisk together the eggs, cream and milk; season with salt, pepper and nutmeg.
Fill ramekins three-quarters full with the custard and set in a shallow pan of hot water.
- Oven poach for 1 hour at 325F or until set. (A knife inserted in centre should come out clean.).
- Make Lemon Butter Sauce and pour onto 6 to 8 serving plates. Run a knife around the edge of each ramekin and un mold onto sauce.
- Lemon Butter Sauce:.
In small saucepan, heat wine and chopped shallot.
Bring to a boil and reduce over medium-high heat until only 2 tablespoons of liquid remain.
Reduce heat to low and whisk in butter, a few pieces at a time, until sauce is smooth and all the butter is incorporated. Whisk in cream and lemon juice.
Keep warm in the top of a double boiler set over hot water until serving time.