Pressed Smoked Salmon & Shrimp Party Sushi
- 5 c
- cooked rice, short grain which is sticky
- 3 1/2 Tbsp
- 1 Tbsp
- 1 1/2 tsp
- 5 c
- sushi rice
- 8 oz
- smoked salmon thin sliced
- 2 sheet(s)
- nori seaweed
- english cucumber
- lemon, thin round sliced
- 2 tsp
- capers, optional
- 2-3 Tbsp
- toasted sesame seeds
- cooked shrimp
- 2 oz
- wasabi, optional
- 2 oz
- soy sauce
PRESSED SMOKED SHRIMP SUSHI
How to Make Pressed Smoked Salmon & Shrimp Party Sushi
- 1Cook the short grain rice per the package instructions.
- 2Put the hot cooked rice into a non-metallic bowl.
- 3Use a non-metallic bowl and spoon to mix the vinegar, sugar, and salt together.
- 4Sprinkle the vinegar mixture generously over the rice.
- 5With a non-metallic spatula or wooden spoon mix rice and vinegar.
- 6Cool Sushi rice.
- 7Cover with a damp cloth until ready to use.
- 8Coat 9 x 13 x 2 glass dish or place plastic on bottom and sides of dish.
- 9Lay thin sliced lemons on bottom of dish.
- 10Put 1 layer of smoked salmon on lemon slices.
- 11Spread 1/2 portion of sushi rice on top and smooth out or flatten out by wet spoon or spatula.
- 12Place nori sheets on rice to cover rice.
- 13Sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- 14Arrange sliced cucumbers on top.
- 15Optional ingredients: avocados, caviar, mock lobster, anything you like.
- 16Cover with remainder of sushi rice and smooth out. Allow rice to cover the edges and have a slight hump in the middle.
- 17Cover with plastic wrap and place a cutting board on top. Add weight to press.
- 18Refrigerate at least 20 minutes.Not longer than 1 hour as the contents may dry out.
- 19Remove weight, board, and plastic wrap.
- 20Place serving plate or try on top.
- 21Flip upside down to unmold.
- 22Remove plastic sheet if used.
- 23Rinse capers and sprinkle on top.
- 24Sprinkle toasted sesame seeds, optional.
- 25Using a wet sharp knife, cut the sushi into serving pieces.
- 26Place a half or whole cooked shrimp on top of each piece. Optional.