Pressed Smoked Salmon & Shrimp Party Sushi
5 ccooked rice, short grain which is sticky
3 1/2 Tbspvinegar
1 1/2 tspsalt
PRESSED SMOKED SHRIMP SUSHI
5 csushi rice
8 ozsmoked salmon thin sliced
2 sheet(s)nori seaweed
1lemon, thin round sliced
2 tspcapers, optional
2-3 Tbsptoasted sesame seeds
2 ozwasabi, optional
2 ozsoy sauce
How to Make Pressed Smoked Salmon & Shrimp Party Sushi
- Cook the short grain rice per the package instructions.
- Put the hot cooked rice into a non-metallic bowl.
- Use a non-metallic bowl and spoon to mix the vinegar, sugar, and salt together.
- Sprinkle the vinegar mixture generously over the rice.
- With a non-metallic spatula or wooden spoon mix rice and vinegar.
- Cool Sushi rice.
- Cover with a damp cloth until ready to use.
- Coat 9 x 13 x 2 glass dish or place plastic on bottom and sides of dish.
- Lay thin sliced lemons on bottom of dish.
- Put 1 layer of smoked salmon on lemon slices.
- Spread 1/2 portion of sushi rice on top and smooth out or flatten out by wet spoon or spatula.
- Place nori sheets on rice to cover rice.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Arrange sliced cucumbers on top.
- Optional ingredients: avocados, caviar, mock lobster, anything you like.
- Cover with remainder of sushi rice and smooth out. Allow rice to cover the edges and have a slight hump in the middle.
- Cover with plastic wrap and place a cutting board on top. Add weight to press.
- Refrigerate at least 20 minutes.Not longer than 1 hour as the contents may dry out.
- Remove weight, board, and plastic wrap.
- Place serving plate or try on top.
- Flip upside down to unmold.
- Remove plastic sheet if used.
- Rinse capers and sprinkle on top.
- Sprinkle toasted sesame seeds, optional.
- Using a wet sharp knife, cut the sushi into serving pieces.
- Place a half or whole cooked shrimp on top of each piece. Optional.