Portuguese Spicy Shrimp
Basically it’s like a party in a pan. Make sure you have fresh crusty bread for dipping into the sauce.
2 lbuncooked shrimp (30-40 size, unpeeled, defrosted)
1 smallonion (minced)
3 Tbspolive oil
1chicken bouillon cube
1/4 cportuguese vinho verde or any white wine
1 tspcorn starch
2-3 tsptabasco or any hot sauce (add more if you like it really hot)
How to Make Portuguese Spicy Shrimp
- In a large skillet saute onions in olive oil on med heat until translucent but not browned.
- Add the shrimp and cook for 1 min. Stir.
- Add the paprika, salt, bouillon cube, wine and Tabasco. Stir and Cook for 1 minute.
- Make a slurry with 1/4 – 1/2 cup water and corn starch-(mix together in small cup until the cornstarch is dissolved). Stir into the shrimp.
- Cook until the sauce thickens and the shrimp are pink. Taste the sauce and add more salt or Tabasco if desired.
- Do not over cook or they will become chewy.
Serve in deep side with crusty Bread on the side for dipping.
Add more hot sauce or Tabasco, or even Jalapeno peppers, if you like it really hot