Portuguese Spicy Shrimp
Basically it’s like a party in a pan. Make sure you have fresh crusty bread for dipping into the sauce.
- 2 lb
- uncooked shrimp (30-40 size, unpeeled, defrosted)
- 1 small
- onion (minced)
- 3 Tbsp
- olive oil
- smoked paprika
- chicken bouillon cube
- 1/4 c
- portuguese vinho verde or any white wine
- 1/4 tsp
- 1 tsp
- corn starch
- 2-3 tsp
- tabasco or any hot sauce (add more if you like it really hot)
- 1/2 c
How to Make Portuguese Spicy Shrimp
- 1In a large skillet saute onions in olive oil on med heat until translucent but not browned.
- 2Add the shrimp and cook for 1 min. Stir.
- 3Add the paprika, salt, bouillon cube, wine and Tabasco. Stir and Cook for 1 minute.
- 4Make a slurry with 1/4 – 1/2 cup water and corn starch-(mix together in small cup until the cornstarch is dissolved). Stir into the shrimp.
- 5Cook until the sauce thickens and the shrimp are pink. Taste the sauce and add more salt or Tabasco if desired.
- 6Do not over cook or they will become chewy.
Serve in deep side with crusty Bread on the side for dipping.
Add more hot sauce or Tabasco, or even Jalapeno peppers, if you like it really hot