PEGGI'S PICKLED FISH
Peggi Anne Tebben
- white fish (crappie, perch, bass, etc.), cut into bite size pieces
- salt brine: (1 cup salt + 4 cups water)
- white vinegar
- white or yellow onions, cut into rings
- bay leaves
- whole cloves
- 1 tsp
- 1 tsp
- whole mustard seed
- 1/2 tsp
- . whole allspice
- 1 c
- cup white vinegar
- 3/4 c
PICKLING SOLUTION (PER QUART)
How to Make PEGGI'S PICKLED FISH
- 2After 48 hours, drain & rinse fish thoroughly. Fish will appear somewhat slimy at this time. Don't worry, the vinegar in the next step will firm it up.
- 4DO THIS STEP ABOUT 4 HOURS BEFORE YOUR 24 HOURS ARE UP!!
In the meantime, prepare the solution of vinegar & sugar by just bringing to a boil.
( May need extra solution)
- 6After 24 hours, drain & rinse the fish that's in the vinegar.
- 7Place fish in jars with solution. (DO NOT PACK TIGHT.) Be sure solution covers fish completely. Put lids on & store in fridge. Let set in fridge at least a week before serving.
Serve with crackers or any other type of appetizer.