Peachy-Mango Glazed Crab Balls of Goodness!
★★★★★ 2 votes5
- 5 slice
- bread (crumbed in blender/food processor)
- 3/4 c
- onion (chopped very finely)
- 3/4 c
- 1 1/2 c
- 1 tsp
- worcestershire sauce
- 1 1/2 tsp
- old bay seasoning
- eggs (beaten slightly)
- 2 lb
- crabmeat, fresh (back fin or lump)
- 2-3 c
- vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 c
- peach preserves
- mangoes (fresh, skin removed and mashed)
- mint leaves (fresh)
How to Make Peachy-Mango Glazed Crab Balls of Goodness!
- 1Using a very large bowl, mix first 7 ingredients together. Gently fold in the crabmeat and mix with care. The less you handle the crabmeat the better. Chill for about 20 minutes.
- 2Line a large cookie sheet with wax paper. Remove crab mix from refrigeration. Mold mixture into 2 inch balls until all is used.
- 3To cook crab balls, use a large frying pan that has deep sides (less chance of an oil spill). Heat about 2-3 cups of vegetable oil. Very gently add crab balls. Fry just a few at a time. My pan allows me to do about 10 balls at a time. Do not cook too quickly (You want the inside to be cooked through before they start getting really brown on the outside).
- 4Continue to cook until crab balls are a nice golden brown. Very carefully turn them over using a slotted spoon and spatula. Remove from pan to a paper towel to absorb excess oil.
- 5To make glaze, heat last 3 ingredients in a small sauce pan until bubbly. Continue to cook for about 15 minutes, allowing the mint to infuse with the fruit. Remove glaze from heat and let cool to room temperature.
- 6Arrange crab balls on a platter and smother them with peach and mango glaze. Stick a tooth pick into balls for easier pickup.