Peachy-Mango Glazed Crab Balls of Goodness!
★★★★★ 2 votes5
5 slicebread (crumbed in blender/food processor)
3/4 conion (chopped very finely)
1 1/2 cmayonnaise
1 tspworcestershire sauce
1 1/2 tspold bay seasoning
2eggs (beaten slightly)
2 lbcrabmeat, fresh (back fin or lump)
2-3 cvegetable oil
1 1/2 cpeach preserves
2mangoes (fresh, skin removed and mashed)
10-15mint leaves (fresh)
How to Make Peachy-Mango Glazed Crab Balls of Goodness!
- Using a very large bowl, mix first 7 ingredients together. Gently fold in the crabmeat and mix with care. The less you handle the crabmeat the better. Chill for about 20 minutes.
- Line a large cookie sheet with wax paper. Remove crab mix from refrigeration. Mold mixture into 2 inch balls until all is used.
- To cook crab balls, use a large frying pan that has deep sides (less chance of an oil spill). Heat about 2-3 cups of vegetable oil. Very gently add crab balls. Fry just a few at a time. My pan allows me to do about 10 balls at a time. Do not cook too quickly (You want the inside to be cooked through before they start getting really brown on the outside).
- Continue to cook until crab balls are a nice golden brown. Very carefully turn them over using a slotted spoon and spatula. Remove from pan to a paper towel to absorb excess oil.
- To make glaze, heat last 3 ingredients in a small sauce pan until bubbly. Continue to cook for about 15 minutes, allowing the mint to infuse with the fruit. Remove glaze from heat and let cool to room temperature.
- Arrange crab balls on a platter and smother them with peach and mango glaze. Stick a tooth pick into balls for easier pickup.