Pasteis de Bacalhau (Codfish Fritters)
How to Make Pasteis de Bacalhau (Codfish Fritters)
- desalt the cod in water overnight, changing water atleast once.
- Add enough water to pan to boil the potatoes and cod, cook until potatoes are done.
- Remove skin and bones from cod.
- Mash potatoes and cod in a bowl.
- Add the egg, onion, garlic, parsley, salt & pepper, mix.
- Form the fritter - take a soup spoon and scoop a good amount of the cod mixture and place another spoon on top to mold and place on wax paper.
- Deep fry until browned and drain on paper towels.
- Enjoy either hot or cold.