Pasteis de Bacalhau (Codfish Fritters)
How to Make Pasteis de Bacalhau (Codfish Fritters)
- 1desalt the cod in water overnight, changing water atleast once.
- 2Add enough water to pan to boil the potatoes and cod, cook until potatoes are done.
- 3Remove skin and bones from cod.
- 4Mash potatoes and cod in a bowl.
- 5Add the egg, onion, garlic, parsley, salt & pepper, mix.
- 6Form the fritter - take a soup spoon and scoop a good amount of the cod mixture and place another spoon on top to mold and place on wax paper.
- 7Deep fry until browned and drain on paper towels.
- 8Enjoy either hot or cold.