Mussels with Thai Red Curry
Vicki Butts (lazyme)
1/4 cbutter (1/2 stick)
5plum tomatoes, seeded, chopped
2 Tbspminced garlic
1 Tbspchopped peeled fresh ginger
2 14/-oz can(s)unsweetened coconut milk
1 Tbspthai red curry paste, or more to taste
1/4 cchopped fresh cilantro
3 Tbspchopped fresh cilantro
3 lbmussels, scrubbed, debearded
How to Make Mussels with Thai Red Curry
- Melt 1/4 cup butter in heavy large pot over medium-high heat.
- Add tomatoes, garlic and ginger; sauté until garlic is tender, about 2 minutes. Mix in coconut milk, curry paste, 1/4 cup chopped cilantro and salt. Simmer 4 minutes to blend flavors.
- Add mussels; cover and cook until mussels open, about 5 minutes (discard any mussels that do not open).
- Transfer mixture to serving bowl. Garnish with 3 tablespoons chopped cilantro.
- This recipe yields 6 servings as a first course.
Be sure to accompany this with plenty of crusty bread to soak up the rich broth.