★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 10 1/4 oz can tomato soup
- 1 1/2
- envelopes unflavored gelatin
- 1 c
- 1 Tbsp
- worcestershire sauce
- stalks celery, chopped
- onion, chopped
- 8 oz pkg cream cheese
- 1/4 c
- cold water
- 4 1/2 oz cans shrimp or 1 (8-9 oz) pkg small frozen shrimp
- salt and pepper to taste
- black olives and pimiento strips (optional)
How to Make Mom's Shrimp Mousse
- 1Warm soup and cream cheese in saucepan over low heat until cheese melts.
- 2Soften gelatin in cold water and add to soup. Stir over heat until gelatin dissolves.
- 3Put cheese mixture and remaining ingredients in food processor and process until smooth. Pour into a ring mold (4 cup capacity) and refrigerate. Can be made several days ahead. Unmold unto lettuce lined serving plate. Fill center with black olives and pimiento strips.
- 4Please note: Grease mold with mayonnaise to make it easier to unmold mousse. To unmold loosen around the edges with a flat knife. Dip mold briefly in hot water.