Mertzie's crab chowder stuffed shrooms
- 8 oz
- crabmeat, i just used canned
- 1 c
- fire roasted corn
- red pepper, about 2 tbs
- contaner of chive onion cream cheese
- garlic powder, old bay
- Splash or
- stuffing mushrooms
- melted butter & crushed crackers or panko
How to Make Mertzie's crab chowder stuffed shrooms
- 1Drain crabmeat. I like to toss w fresh lemon juice & smoked sea salt & let sit.
- 2Sautee crab in 1 TB or more butter.Add spices. Add corn. Add cream cheese until it melts.
- 3Taste & adjust seasonings. Remove from heat. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- 4Clean & trim mushroom caps. I had 8 stuffing mushrooms.
- 5Stuff each mushroom with mixture.
- 6Melt about 2 TB butter. Add about 6 crushed crackers & stir until it's a good consistency for topping.
- 7Top each mushroom cap with cracker breading. Bake for about 15 mins until golden brown on a baking sheet sprayed with cooking spray.