Maryland Crab Dip
8 ozsour cream
2~8 ozblocks of cream cheese, softened
8 ozfinely shredded sharp cheddar
·juice of one lemon
1 tspgarlic powder
2 tspold bay, no substitutions
1 lbmaryland blue backfin crabmeat, picked through for shells
How to Make Maryland Crab Dip
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Thoroughly mix first 5 ingredients in a large bowl.
- Mix crabmeat and Old Bay seasoning in another bowl.
- Lightly combine crabmeat mixture with cream cheese mixture being careful not to break up crabmeat too much.
- Spread mixture into a 13 X 9 inch casserole dish. Bake in preheated oven for 30~40 minutes. Stirring half way through cooking time. Cook until top is lightly browned and cheese is bubbly.
- Serve with your favorite crackers or a sliced baguette and expect to get asked for the recipe!