John's Clams Casino
- 1/2 c
- bacon, diced fine
- 1 1/2 Tbsp
- white wine, dry
- 1/4 c
- red bell pepper, diced fine
- 2 Tbsp
- shallots, minced
- 1 clove
- garlic, minced
- 1/2 c
- bread crumbs, dry
- 1 Tbsp
- parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp
- 1/4 tsp
- clams, cherrystone
- lemon wedges (optional)
- clam juice
How to Make John's Clams Casino
- 1Partially steam clams just to get them to open (about 2 mins). Carefully shuck clams (remove top shell)
- 2Heat a medium skillet over medium heat. Coat pan with cooking spray.
- 3Add bacon to pan, cooking until bacon begins to brown, stirring occasionally.
- 4Add wine. Cook until liquid evaporates (about 30 seconds),scraping to loosen browned bits.
- 5Add bell pepper, shallots & garlic to pan. Cook 4 mins or until tender. Place mixture in a medium bowl.
- 6Add breadcrumbs, cheese, parsley & black pepper to bacon mixture. Stir until blended.
- 7Cover a baking sheet with foil.
- 8Take a very sharp knife and make 2 small slits across each clam. Drizzle with a little clam juice to keep them from drying out.
- 9Place each clam in shell on the foil.
** TIP: To keep them from moving & tipping, simply take a small bowl of sea salt and add a tiny bit of water to just moisten the salt & make it clumpy. Place a small mound on the foil & place a shell on the salt mound. It will stay put better.
- 10Top each clam with an equal amount of the bacon mixture.
- 11Broil until tops are browned and clams are done. Serve with lemon wedges if desired.