Jersey Shore Crab Cakes
My 5 brothers wives and children grew up on this recipe. Since Crab is expensive I have adapted to make it cost effective. Enjoy
3 stickcelery stalk
1 largegreen bell pepper
3 Tbspmayonaise or salad dressing
1 lbcrabmeat, fresh or imitation crab meat works well
1 Tbspold bay seasoning
1 mediumyellow or red bell pepper
·bread crumbs, dry
GRANDMA NEW JERSEY CRABCAKES/BALLS
How to Make Jersey Shore Crab Cakes
- 1. Dice Onion, celery, bell peppers in small pieces and mix together.
- 2. Break up crab/Krab (imitation) to fine shred.
- 3. Place all in a bowl and and 2 eggs, mayonaise, and Old Bay seasoning. Mix well.
- 4. Add bread crumbs and mix to a consistency that will roll into a ball without falling apart somewhat moist.
- 5. Determine whether you want them flat or ball shaped. Shape and turn on pan of oil, enough oil to cover if ball shaped otherwise may fry in small amount.
- 6. Beat eggs in a bowl. Pour Breadcrumbs in another bowl. Dip cake or ball in egg removing excess and then dip or roll in breadcrumbs covering well.
- 7. Fry or deep fry until crispy brown. Serve with Worchestershire sauce or cocktail sauce. Serve warm or cold.