Jersey Shore Crab Cakes
My 5 brothers wives and children grew up on this recipe. Since Crab is expensive I have adapted to make it cost effective. Enjoy
- 6 slice
- 3 stick
- celery stalk
- 1 large
- green bell pepper
- 4 small
- 3 Tbsp
- mayonaise or salad dressing
- 1 lb
- crabmeat, fresh or imitation crab meat works well
- 1 Tbsp
- old bay seasoning
- 1 medium
- yellow or red bell pepper
- bread crumbs, dry
- cooking oil
GRANDMA NEW JERSEY CRABCAKES/BALLS
How to Make Jersey Shore Crab Cakes
- 11. Dice Onion, celery, bell peppers in small pieces and mix together.
- 22. Break up crab/Krab (imitation) to fine shred.
- 33. Place all in a bowl and and 2 eggs, mayonaise, and Old Bay seasoning. Mix well.
- 44. Add bread crumbs and mix to a consistency that will roll into a ball without falling apart somewhat moist.
- 55. Determine whether you want them flat or ball shaped. Shape and turn on pan of oil, enough oil to cover if ball shaped otherwise may fry in small amount.
- 66. Beat eggs in a bowl. Pour Breadcrumbs in another bowl. Dip cake or ball in egg removing excess and then dip or roll in breadcrumbs covering well.
- 77. Fry or deep fry until crispy brown. Serve with Worchestershire sauce or cocktail sauce. Serve warm or cold.