Maria Rosario Bilgera
★★★★★ 1 vote5
1 pkgmolo wrapper
1/2 kgground pork
1 smallwhite onion, grated
6 clovegarlic, minced
1/2 tspkikkoman soy sauce
·salt and pepper to taste
1 smallcarrot, grated (optional)
How to Make Itoy's Siomai
- Pour hot water over ground meat. (I do this to slightly "cook" it.) Drain.
- Slice shrimps into itty bitty pieces, almost the size of the ground meat.
- Combine ground meat, shrimps, grated onion, and minced garlic. Mix thoroughly.
- Add a few drops of Kikkoman soy sauce (I insist on Kikkoman!), salt and pepper to taste.
- Put a teaspoonful of the siomai mix in the center of a molo wrapper. Twist corners together.
- Steam the siomai or deep fry. Serve with chili sauce or soy sauce with lemon juice.
- Serve with wanton noodles or yang chow fried rice.