Italian Shrimp and Scallop Salad
Blue Ribbon Recipe
What does it mean when a 9 year old boy loves your recipe? Well, it means that it must be really, really good! My (almost) 9 year old grandson, Connor, couldn't get enough of this salad and, frankly, neither can I. It's equal parts savory and delicate, and would be right at home on any menu... from down-home to fancy! The Test Kitchen
5cloves of garlic - minced
3 Tbspfresh parsley - chopped
3 Tbspfresh celery leaves - chopped
1 tspkosher salt
1/2 ccorn oil
2 cfrozen 'petite' peas
2 lbbay scallops
2 lbsmall shrimp - peeled and deveined
How to Make Italian Shrimp and Scallop Salad
- In a small bowl, stir together the garlic, parsley, celery leaves, salt, and corn oil; set aside.
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil over high heat. Pour in the peas, and return to a boil.
- Stir in the scallops, and boil for 3 minutes, then add the shrimp and continue cooking for 1 1/2 minutes more.
- Drain well, then cool in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Once the seafood has cooled, toss it with the garlic dressing until coated.
- Refrigerate for at least 3 hours or overnight before serving. Toss again before serving.