Hot Crawfish Dip
- 1/3 stick
- green onions (green and white parts) chopped
- 1 lb
- crawfish tails (roughly chopped if they are large)
- 1 dash(es)
- worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp
- zest and the juice of 1 lemon
- 1 Tbsp
- chopped fresh parsley
- 1 8oz pkg
- cream cheese
- 1 3oz pkg
- velveeta cheese (if you like spicy use the velveeta pepperjack)
- several dash(es)
- of hot sauce to taste (optional)
How to Make Hot Crawfish Dip
- 1Saute the green onions and parsley in the butter for a few minutes. Cube the cream cheese and Velveeta cheese for easier melting and add along with the worchesterschire sauce, lemon zest and juice. When cheese is just about halfway through melting add the crawfish so it can heat through.
- 2When the cheeses have melted remove from heat and serve hot with crackers or chips or toast rounds.
- 3This is also excellent on thin slices of French bread that have been brushed on one side with olive oil or butter and lightly dusted with Italian herbs and grated parmesan and toasted in the oven. My favorite !! They are easy enough to make but we in South Louisiana are fortunate to be able to buy them in the grocery stores.