★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 1/4 c
- finely chopped garlic,mashed to a paste with 1 tsp coarse salt
- 2 Tbsp
- minced fresh rosemary leaves plus sprigs for garnish
- 3 Tbsp
- olive oil plus oil for brushing shrimp
- jumbo shrimp ( about 10 per pound)
- 12 inch bamboo skewers
- lemon wedges
How to Make Grilled Rosemary Garlic Shrimp
- 1In a large bowl stir together garlic,minced rosemary,and 3 tbsp oil and add shrimp. Marinate shrimp,covered and chilled, at least 4 hours or overnight.
- 2In a shallow dish soak skewers in water to cover 30 minutes and prepare grill.
- 3To grill,thread 4 shrimp on each skewer and brush with additional oil. Grill shrimp on a oiled rack, set about 5 inches over glowing coals, 3 to 4 minutes on each side, or until just cooked through.
- 4Alternatively, brush shrimp with additional oil and grill in a hot well season ridged grill pan, cover,over moderately high heat 3 to 4 minutes on each sidem or until cooked through.
- 5Garnish shrimp with rosemary sprigs and serve with lemon wedges.