- live oysters cleaned and shucked
- 4 Tbsp
- unsalted butter, room temp.
- 2 clove
- roasted garlic
- roasted shallot
- 1/2 c
- good parmesan reggianno
- 2 Tbsp
- finely diced andouille sausage
- salt and pepper to taste.
How to Make Grilled Oysters
- 1Combine the butter, minced shallot, garlic, sausage and cheese together. it can be chilled or left at room temp if you plan to use soon.
- 2place the shucked oysters on the grill. I start with my grill at high, with a "cool zone" to one side. My grill will hit 700 degrees in a few minutes, so times and temps will vary. I grill on high till the juices start to boil, let the oysters cook for a minute, really big ones, give them 2.
- 3add a bit of the cheese mixture on top of each oyster, and lower the temp. burned parm smells awful :). Let the cheese brown a bit on top, when it does, you're done.
- 4serve. I've done similar oysters on a bed of rock salt, it retains the heat and looks nice. Keep in mind, the shell will keep the oyster very hot, so be careful not to burn those fingers.